Diverting Friday

One of my students' vocab words is diverting...I feel that this Friday I'm in desperate need of some sort of diverting interest aka, why I like to be online and look at pretty things and all of the things that keep life interesting.

These are the first contender. They've been posted and written about, but they are very pretty and deserve a mention.



Next up, the boy and I have watched the first two seasons of Arrested Development. If that show isn't the very essence of diverting, I don't know what is.

J.Crew's new arrivals for the month always cause a bit of splash. Even though I haven't bought anything from J.Crew for awhile (I think it actually has been a whole month for that store of no buying), I still get excited by new arrivals. I didn't see anything that I couldn't live without, but you never know how the tune will change when sale time arrives.

And finally, I'm continuing to think of the china pattern. Although, my students' also read "The Gift of the Magi" this week, and it kind of made me rethink that even registering was tacky. China is just not what the wedding is about. (Although my little materialistic heart wants to argue that china is part of creating a home!)

No comments: