Things I would like to buy with our tax return....

The husband is pretty frugal, so it's doubtful that we will spend any of our tax return on frivolous things. To be honest, we need to save up for a deposit when we move and those accompanying expenses. But, if for some reason we decided to go crazy, this is what I'd like to buy.

I'd really like to get a new dress for the husband's graduation. I'm liking this one, but I'd like to try it on in real life to see if it is flattering.

Another thing that I'd really like to buy is a sofa. The futon that we have currently is pretty uncomfortable, and it'd be nice to have a comfy place for people to sleep on when they stay the night.

I also think that the husband needs some new clothes before he starts work. I think he could use some new casual and work clothes, since some of his shorts have holes in them...
Oddly, just "virtually" purchasing the items has made me feel a little bit better! It's still Lent, so I can't buy anything anyways, but it's fun to dream. The good news is that I have dresses that fit, the husband does have clothes, and a futon to sit on, so I don't really need anything. :) What would your splurges be if money was no object?

3 comments:

agalandherdog said...

I play this game all the time (as evidenced on my blog). I pick out a million things that I never end up buying. Right now, I'd buy all new clothes because I don't like any of mine right now.

Mo Pie, Please said...

Sounds like a similar situation that we're in, too. We got a nice tax return and are putting it directly in savings. We're trying to buy a house though and we'll need all new furniture. But there are so many things I'd like to get right now that husband would scoff at me for wanting :)

I love the sofa you chose, and I bet that dress is pretty in person!

ms. mindless said...

This is one of my favorite games! If we didn't need to put our tax return into savings, I would buy a new spring wardrobe or plan a trip to Greece!