A Baking Success and a Baking Failure

So, the macarons that my friend and I made this weekend didn't turn out perfectly. They did, however, taste really good! I bought the super expensive Almond Meal (literally costs 14.00 at Whole Foods), and I think that made a huge difference from the time I made them two summers ago. When I made them two summers ago I had really NO baking experience, but I was able to get the egg whites to peak. My friend and I struggled with that yesterday, which gives me hope that I might not actually be a complete klutz in the kitchen. Even though I went home yesterday convinced that I would never attempt to make macarons again, I think the husband has convinced me that I might want to try again. But I think he just wants to eat some more malformed macarons. So to be continued...

In other news, a super easy treat that I blogged about early were Oreo cupcakes. Mine actually turned out like the inspiration! These turned out great and I made them twice because they were such an easy but fun treat before Halloween. Anybody else have any recent successes or failures in the kitchen? I'm trying to think up a Christmas treat to make my co-workers in the office, and right now all I can think up is peppermint bark.

4 comments:

Elle Sees said...

I can't make macarons at all! I did make the resurrection rolls I saw on Pinterest, and they were amazing.

Carrie said...

I am just getting into baking myself those oreo cakes look so so good!!!!

Emily | Recently said...

I don't think I'd have the courage to try macaroons! You go girl!

I am Megan said...

Oh my soul! I could die for those oreo cupcakes! I love it!