Coffee Tables

The husband and I have been thinking about getting a coffee table. You wouldn't think this would be a very big deal, but it is. Typically, the husband doesn't like coffee tables, since he thinks they block a lot of open space. However, we both agree that they are handy to store the remote control and to put drinks on, etc. I've thought about putting a large upholstered ottoman there, two little ottomans, or two little tables, but I think a coffee table would be best, since we want a place to be able to play board games and we don't have a kitchen or dining room table. Ahh, the joys of apartment living. I don't think we're going to get one anytime soon, but I like to dream. One of our limitations is that the coffee table must be wood/look like wood. Obviously, I didn't set this stipulation...

Here's what the space looks like: See, plenty of space for a coffee table, right? Also note that the husband is busily working away, trying to ignore me.
Option 1: I love this coffee table from Pier 1; I think that the rounded edges feminize the space a little bit. I don't think the husband will go for it though, and it's almost two hundred dollars. But isn't she lovely? Option 2: The other option is to buy the coffee table from Target that matches are entertainment stand. I know that having things match too much is bad, but I feel that just buying another random table might feel chaotic. And this one is just under one hundred dollars.
Option 3: And finally, we could spend a mere twenty dollars at Ikea. It might not last forever, but at least if we don't like it, we'd only be out twenty dollars.
I'd love to hear which one you would choose or any suggestions!

4 comments:

Elle Sees said...

I live in an apt and I have an ottoman from target...I love it! And it stores lots of stuff. It depends on if you want an investment piece or not. Then ikea!

Everyday Adventures said...

I like the first one because it will match well with your existing furniture and its my favorite design. I have two end tables and then a large dark brown storage ottoman that I love and so does the hubby cause he can use it as seating when he plays video games hehe or for extra seating with guests! Enjoy furniture shopping and browsing!

Sarah Mendelsohn said...

I like option two, it has a nice look to it as well as the drawer incase you need to put anything away for when guests come. good luck! xx

agalandherdog said...

I love option 1! Ottomans with a tray on top are also great and serve as extra seating when you have big get-togethers!