Decor for the Husband's Office

The husband has a pretty nice office, but it's extremely barren. Considering how much time he spends there, I asked him if there was anything he'd like to bring in. He requested a cactus and a picture of either our undergraduate school or his beloved VA Tech stadium. Sounds easy enough, right? I didn't really know where to find a cactus, but I thought that maybe Lowe's or Home Depot would sell them. But I didn't know where either of those stores were in our new locale. And I'm not going to lie, driving in NoVa on a weekend scares me a bit when I have no clue where I'm going. I did discover a Home Depot, and aren't these cacti cute...err masculine?

Then all I had to do was figure out a picture. Since we already own three VA Tech framed pictures, not to mention all of the other paraphernalia, finding a photo we didn't already have was tough. So, the husband decided he'd rather have one of our undergraduate institution. I made a collage, and I think that it came out pretty well. The husband actually liked everything, and now both items are happily living in the office. Anybody else have any ideas for making an office feel more personable?

4 comments:

Elle Sees said...

Curtains? Lamp?

Adam said...

nice cactus

Quindome said...

A dude shouldn't be ashamed to have a candy dish. I can't think of a manly candy to put in there, but maybe he could.

Farah of Legally Stylish said...

My husband plays a lot of golf so he has a golf ball display with a ball from every course he's played at. Maybe something to do with some of his hobbies?