A Few Flowers

Last Friday, I picked up a few flowers from Whole Foods when I bought the ingredients to make macarons. I love fresh flowers, even though they're a waste of money, and I'm still enjoying them. Look what one little five dollar bouquet can do.

On my nightstand: I really love waking up to these, instead of just seeing the alarm clock glaring at me.

In the bathroom:

And next to the tv: I don't think the husband was as amused.What's your favorite pick-me-up? Can a few carnations brighten your day, or do you prefer something else?

8 comments:

Worthington said...

I am a BIG fan of carnations and alstromeria (not together though) for everyday, inexpensive bouquets. I like carnations tightly bound in a vase though - a dense cluster if you will!

Elle Sees said...

They do brighten me up...I love hitting up trader joes

saw said...

I think you got your 5 dollars worth ;)

dinagideon said...

Okay, this is just the most ridiculous thing I have ever admitted to but trying on outfits in front of a mirror actually brightens my day. LOL.

After that a hot bath...

I love your pretty carnations, though, so lovely!

Meg {henninglove} said...

fresh flowers are always nice regardless of the type. it is nice to be able to place them around your house in different places to brighten up your home a bit more

Clara Turbay said...

Love it all. Please take some time to check out
http://paquetevistasbien.blogspot.com

AdamAlexMommy said...

Hello. Cute blog you have here. I love those carnations. It's a flower of respect in my culture.


Jasmine
http://adamalexmommy.blogspot.com

Mo Pie, Please said...

I love having fresh flowers but I hate when they die. I haven't had any fresh flowers in ages, I think my husband needs to GET ON THAT! :)