Thankful

Last night, I made two pumpkin pies for Thanksgiving, and they made the apartment smell so good. Now, the real trick will be not eating them before the big day and making sure they actually make it to my parents' house. I bought the pie crusts that you have to place into the pie pan. It didn't turn out perfectly, so the husband thought I made the crust from scratch. It's funny how the hallmark of homemade things are their imperfections sometimes.

Sometimes I get really stressed out about the logistics of the holiday, which is why I appreciated being able to participate in the I'm thankful for...series. Here's some of the few things I'm so thankful for. I hope that you find a few moments to reflect amidst the preparations for family and friends.

7 comments:

amy b.s. said...

good luck with moving the pies to your parent's house! ours travel too and it's always a huge stress for my mom.

Elle Sees said...

I'm thankful I don't have to cook! My mom insists in doing it all, so I insist on eating it.

agalandherdog said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you! Pumpkin pie sounds sooo good right now!

Jamie said...

Mmm. Homemade pumpkin pies. I'm imagining the smell!

Kendall said...

Good for you for even making semi-homemade pies!! Not me. :) Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Alexa said...

Such a great time to reflect and can I come over for pie? ;)

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

My hubby would know they weren't homemade because he knows I don't really cook (c: ha! Hope you have a fantastic Thanksgiving!