A Very Late Weekend Recap!

I usually don't recap the weekend, since most of my weekends consist of cleaning, laundry, grocery shopping, and just hanging out (not exactly thrilling activities, but I like them anyways). Of course, my weekend included those things, but the husband and I did venture to the Air and Space Museum and the Botanical Gardens on Sunday after "surviving" the Saturday snow. Even though we live really close to D.C., we really are bad about getting out and doing stuff.Most importantly, though, we made a trip down to Richmond for a short visit with my parents and also for the husband's swearing in ceremony. I took the day off to be with him and see my parents. It was really wonderful to have the extra time, and I enjoyed being home for just the short time.

Sometimes just an extra day can give you such perspective and some renewed energy. We arrived back home by four, which gave me just enough time to register our car (something I haven't been able to do because of the M-F, 9-5 hours). It's funny how little things can give me such a sense of accomplishment. I feel the same way when I get to go to the Post Office. Do you have any errands like that?

*Photos from Google Images

3 comments:

Everyday Adventures said...

How exciting your hubby got swore in! We visited the Air and Space museum on our honeymoon last June and my husband loved it, he's finishing up pilot training this December so it was really cool to wonder around the museum seeing all the history!

Belly B said...

The little things are always what makes my day (and especially my weekend!). I'm glad you had a lovely weekend.

Belly B :)

***Positively Preppy in Pink*** said...

So fun about your little Richmond trip and your DC outing too! I miss DC all the time - such a great place to live!