Dreaming of a Bathroom Update

My husband is usually not too picky about the way our apartment looks. For instance, he let me keep my pink-polka dotted desk chair that I love. We're also slowly trying to update our college and post-grad belongings. However, one thing he will not entertain is updating our bathroom. The shower curtain that he's had since law school (and was given to him gently used) isn't going anywhere anytime soon. To take out my frustration, I thought I'd share with you what I wish we could do. I'd love to buy this shower curtain from West Elm. I think the color would match our tile perfectly, and I think the white would brighten up the space. Of course, I'd also like the matching mat, since I feel ours has seen better days (the husband insists that this isn't true...) What would you do if you could get a few updates for your space?

8 comments:

Mandy said...

Love the shower curtain! I am dying to fix up our patio/mini-backyard. Right now it is so blah. Hoping to get it fixed up in time for spring.

Mandy
The Klury Report & Kini Style

Jax said...

I guess compromise is what we all have to look forward too once we get married. lol At least you got to keep your chair!

Amy @ Five Kinds of Happy said...

A curtain and mat or new towels are definitely the easiest way to freshen a bathroom up! The alternative would be to find some kind od artwork or arrangement that worked with the colours you already have, and adds some pattern. :)

Adam said...

I like to change up shower curtains if I had the chance. The same old designs get boring, and mildew will eventually take it's toll if you keep it too long. I like beach designs the best.

Everyday Adventures said...

I love the shower curtain pattern and color! I actually have a red with white polka dot shower curtain with matching rug lol

Sundresses and Smiles said...

I love it!! I have slowly, but surely been adding my influences to the boyfriend's house...

Elle Sees said...

definitely my bedroom...it needs it. i could live in west elm.

Kristin said...

Could you just switch it out when he's not home? I bet he'll like it once he sees the finished product!