Weekend Recap

This weekend the husband didn't have to do work, so we were able to go exploring D.C. a little bit. We visited the memorials, and finally checked out the MLK Memorial that opened fairly recently. We also stopped by the Smithsonian. Even though I'm a reluctant sightseer, I'm always pleasantly surprised. It was a beautiful day, and we're pretty lucky to live so closely to so many interesting things (and by interesting things, I might be referring to this duck below). I got this picture at the beginning of the trip, and I knew that it was worth going out just for that.



On Sunday afternoon, we went to a Wizards game. They're having a pretty horrible season this year, but I enjoyed attending my first professional basketball game. The fact that the husband bribed me with Chipotle from close by also might have had something to do with it. See I actually look happy, even though the team got crushed and I'm not a huge fan of sports. All in all, it was a great weekend. We did enough things so we didn't feel super lazy, but we were also able to just hang out. How was your weekend?

13 comments:

amy b.s. said...

this sounds like a fantastic way to spend the weekend together!

Everyday Adventures said...

Sounds like a fun weekend! We went to DC for a couple days after we got married for a minimoon! I had never been and loved seeing all the history and monuments!

Jax said...

I went to DC over the summer!! There was so much to see. I loved it :)

My weekend was ok.

Adam said...

I always wanted to see the Smithsonian

MCW said...

I went to the rodeo...so fun. Have never been to the Verizon center. Need too make a stop when I am in town next.

Delta Daisies said...

I just did a blog post about DC! S and I are going in July! We are looking forward to it so much! Thanks for the recs!

***Positively Preppy in Pink*** said...

Sounds like a great weekend! I miss touring around DC. So many great things to do!!

Elle Sees said...

I hate to admit I've not done mostmofnthe tourist stuff in ATL, including the MLK memorial here.

Kendall said...

Ya'll are adorable, by the way. :)

agalandherdog said...

One of my goals for this year is to attend a basketball game. I've never been and we've had a pro team in Memphis for a while. Have a great week!

Sundresses and Smiles said...

My favorite Smithsonian Museum is the Natural History Museum hands down!! I also love wandering the National Gallery of Art and they're RIGHT near each other--if you haven't visited yet, you must!

Sarah @Newlywed and Decorating said...

I haven't been to the MLK memorial yet- gotta do that! Glad you had fun enjoying DC!

Kelly said...

As a DC'er, I often just forgot how much cool stuff is right by us! I try to do as much of it as w can, but I somehow lose motivation around January-March (which is when all the tourists aren't here!)