It's Summer!


It's officially the beginning of summer! Although this picture was taken a few weeks before, baseball games seem like the quintessential summer activity.  That and going to the pool as much as possible. My little mini-vacation was absolutely lovely.  It was great to be home with my mom on her birthday and to see my sister. I don't have any pictures from my time home, but I thought I'd share this one of the husband and his birthday cake.  Yes, he was tired, so he got cake in bed.
 I also really got my money out of this birthday banner.  It was used for three birthdays in one week!  Here it is hanging in our window at our apartment, although, it found a nicer home in front of my parents' fireplace this weekend.
Of course all these birthdays involved me buying presents for myself. While I was at Target looking for a gift for my sister, I found this little pink piggy bank in the dollar bin.  The husband hates it, but I think it's great.  I'll probably take it into work to brighten up my desk, but for now, I have it on my nightstand.  I thought it matched the picture of me and my sister.

 I also found this lemon scented candle at Home Goods this weekend.  I love the scent of lemon in the summer.  It's light and smells like I just cleaned! How was your Memorial Day break?

6 comments:

La Cuoca said...

Love the banner!

agalandherdog said...

I ALMOST bought one of those piggy banks at Target!

dinagideon said...

Oh, the piggy bank is cute! (Not as cute as you two, though, love the pic from the ball game!)

BTW, we are going to the Nats/Miami game tonight. If you all watch it on MASN, look for us, maybe we will be on TV! Ha, yeah right. And knowing my luck it will be when I am cross at the kids for something. LOL.

Adam said...

Youre right its a cute little piggy bank

Jax said...

So glad that you had an amazing vacation! Coconut is my favorite summer scent :)

Elle Sees said...

i went to the beach and had a blast!