Mother's Day

What are you doing this Mother's Day?  Since I only live about 2 and a half hours from home, I've decided to go home to celebrate. :)  The husband won't be able to go see his mom, since he is swamped with work and the trip is further for him.  Of course we are sending her something, even though that's a poor substitute. I'm not buying my mom anything fancy, but I am going to attempt to cook her something.  If that falls through, I have some Trader Joe's cookies in flavors I think she will really like. I also try to always pick up little things that I think she would enjoy, but wouldn't splurge on herself.  With her birthday coming up, I have to pace myself with all the gifts, though!
Image via

8 comments:

MCW said...

I am heading up to Sag to my sister's and my parents and brother will be there too! Enjoy time with mom!

miss b said...

Mum's always appreciate the thoughtful things like cooking a meal. As you probably know, we had Mother's Day in March in the UK.
PS Thanks for your lovely comment.
http://missbbobochic.blogspot.co.uk/

Sarah said...

I'm sure your mother will love seeing you and being cooked for! So sweet :) Have a good weekend.

Worthington said...

M and I are heading to Lex Vegas after work tomorrow for the weekend. We just feel grateful that in one trip we can see my four grandparents and my parents! We 'kids' (sister+her hub, bro, M+I) are getting Mom a special gift this year. Woohoo!

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} said...

That sounds like a great mother's day...mom will love it no matter what (c: And that picture is *fantastic*! I love the little confetti (or whatever it is) that they used for the runner, genius!

Jax said...

My mommy's birthday is very near mommy's day too! Flowers? But a cooked meal is nice too.. haha

Elle Sees said...

i mailed my mama a card and will give her a call!

designchic said...

Dining with my mother too...hoping yours is a wonderful weekend!!