Thanks and Wardrobe Basics

Thanks for all the suggestions yesterday!  We bought tickets to go see the Orioles play on Sunday.  They are the husband's favorite team, and we've never gone to a game before.  I think it will work out pretty well, even though I'm not the biggest baseball fan ever (or at all). I'll still put together a little something, but it's nice that we are going to do something special for his birthday. 

In other news, the husband has a firm dinner that I've been invited to on Friday.  I had another moment of "I have nothing to wear", which got me thinking about professional staples.  I think my next big purchase will be a light wool sheath dress. While this isn't exactly it, I think these two are very polished from Banana Republic.
What do you think are must-haves for building a work wardrobe?

11 comments:

MCW said...

I can't believe you have never been to an O's game! Even if you don't like baseball it is a ton of fun, plus the weather is supposed to be beautiful.

I stick to dresses for work. They are so easy! A lot of mine are BR.

miss b said...

Classic dresses in a good crease-free fabric are perfect for work - I especially like the one with the capped sleeves.
http://missbbobochic.blogspot.co.uk/

Beth Dunn said...

A few black dresses are the best. And I love shifts in bright colors with a black wrap
xoxo
SC

Worthington said...

Oh have fun at the O's game - it is always a blast!!!

I think dresses for work are great. I think since it is summer you can get away with even a really fine jersey knit dress for a firm dinner. When it is warm a light wool is sometimes still too heavy! Ann Taylor has some great jersey dresses (in black, too!). But wool is polished and classic as well. They are both must-haves in my work wardrobe.

Meagan :: Mo Pie, Please said...

Capped sleeves look so lovely. I like the two you listed here. Banana Republic + Gap have pretty great options.

Crissy @ House of Marlowe said...

I love a fitted navy blazer..... great for work and play!

Minna said...

Blue and black jeans, some nice tops, 'the little black dress', ballerinas and high heels! :)


May Giveaway with Shabby Apple



May Giveaway with Shabby Apple

Elle Sees said...

I really like he 2nd one better

Adam said...

The Orioles were my brother's first little league team.

Jax said...

Pencil skirts and a hot pair of nude pumps!!!!

Maalai said...

Hi all World historical events,Android apps tamil news,World news on android Breaking news for iphone