Our First Fourth of July in D.C.!

The Fourth of July has come and gone, but I never did a post on it! As I said earlier, this Fourth was pretty special because my sister and her boyfriend came up.  It was also special because it was our first Fourth in Washington.  On Tuesday night we started out with dinner at Founding Farmers.

 We even made it to dessert! On the fourth, we had brunch at a local restaurant in Arlington and just spent some time chatting.  We then visited the Building Museum, which was actually really interesting.  The husband thought it was so interesting that it deserves its own post, so I'll be doing that later this week. See all of our patriotic spirit? If you look in the distance, you can see the Washington Monument.  The husband and I were lazy and watched the fireworks from our balcony.  We had pretty good view, all things considered!
  
I even made a little parfait.  I love my sister's enthusiasm.  She took this picture specifically for the blog. All in all, it was a great Fourth, and it was wonderful to see my sister.

11 comments:

dinagideon said...

You, your sister, and your hubby are so cute!!! I love the photos. And color me super jealous that you can see the Washington Monument from your balcony. That's awesome. I wish I could sit at home with cocktails watching the fireworks!!! :)

agalandherdog said...

Too cute! Sounds like fun!

P*P*P said...

Looks like an awesome holiday spent with family! I love Founding Farmers - so delicious! :)

miss b said...

Sounds like a fun way to celebrate!
http://missbbobochic.blogspot.co.uk/

Jax said...

Ohh, it does sound awesome!! So glad that you enjoyed yourself and your sister's company :)

Alexa said...

So fun! I love DC...what a special place to spend the Fourth too!

Oh Sunnie Day said...

Sounds like you had a really sweet 4th of July!

xx

jen

kweaves@rams.colostate.edu said...

sounds like a great holiday! Especially celebrating in DC!!!

Elle Sees said...

looks like a sweet time

Emily | Recently said...

You have an amazing view! Wow! I would do the exact same thing and watch from my balcony!

ms. mindless said...

I love Founding Farmers. The boy's office is across the street from there, so it is our favorite place to meet for dinner when he works late and I don't feel like cooking!