We got a new bed!

So, when the mother-in-law came up to visit, the husband and I upgraded to a queen bed and it has been absolutely amazing.  I cannot believe how much of a difference six inches can make.  The husband has been working really late (a case of his is going to trial so he will be MIA for the next few weeks), and its great to have the extra space to not worry about disturbing each other too much.  BUT a queen bed means that we have no sheets.  Fortunately, when we got married, my uncle gave us this queen comforter ala K-Mart (we're classy like that).  I actually think it looks fine (please ignore all the wrinkles and the fact that we have no art or curtains). Also, our "nightstands" are actually a nesting table taken apart.  Yes, we definitely are living with the relics of parental furniture rejects and thankful for them!
However, now that we are both out of school and have been working for awhile, we feel a bit more comfortable making our furnishings more adult. But here's the thing; now that I can actually do something, I'm reluctant to do so.  I think the thing is that I want to make sure whatever I buy we really love and I don't make a mistake.  I also have the husband's rather picky taste to consider.  And by picky, I mean he won't let me drape everything with pink and aqua/turquoise/blue. For some reason he doesn't really like light blue, which is the color I find most calming.  So here's what I've been thinking of for the bedroom thus far in terms of comforters ( and it has to be a comforter; the husband doesn't like duvets).
 I really like this comforter.  It's from Target and feels pretty nice, plus it won't break the bank.  I've also been really a big fan of gray lately.  The only problem is that it is floral and I worry that it might be too dark.

So I am also thinking about this, but I don't think I will waste our money since it's very similar to what we already have.
And I have to admit that a part of me is almost tempted to do a black and white bedroom such as this.  However, the husband really love earth tones and I think I'd tire of black and white all the time.  Plus, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be able to get away with it!
Image via House Beautiful.  I've posted this before, but I love it so.  
So what do you all think?

10 comments:

Miss Lindsay said...

Since I tend to change my mind I went with white so i can change the sheets/pillows when I'm bored of it.
Love that last image!

saw said...

It's crazy how much the bedspread can define the room...good luck with your bedspread search :)

Adam said...

I hope you enjoy it, I always love getting a new one

Everyday Adventures said...

Yay for queen size bed! I love the grey color too for a bedroom! very calming and relaxing! Target has some great deals on bedspreads for lik $25 the room essentials brand! Have fun decorating! I am starting to decorate our guest bedroom and looking for a yellow bedspread from Target!

Ann said...

When it comes to bed the bigger the better, imho. I love lots of pillows and to spend for a nice bedsheet and comforter is good because it makes you comfortable in your sleep and relaxed when you wake up.

Dee {Strings and Buttons} said...

Oh wow! That looks gorgeous and comfy as well! Love the grey as well- it has a calming effect! x

Elle Sees said...

I say black and white or grey and white because u can constantly change accent colors

Virginia Belle said...

We got a queen sized bed several months ago and it had changed my life! I now wonder why it took us so long to upgrade. Yours looks great!

The Pink Putter said...

I could not believe the difference when we moved to our new house and upgraded to a queen bed.

I love the gray color. You can always find fun sheets for a pop of color and a change of scenery.

Melissah from Coastal Style said...

Love the new bed!

Melissah