A little visit to World Market

Have you all been to World Market lately? I hadn't been in years, but I went in to visit last Saturday on a whim and I am a fan.  They have lots of beautiful things that look like they would be sitting in an Anthropologie store, but are lots cheaper!  Most things aren't my style, but I enjoyed looking at all the treasures.  I also fell in love with this mirror, and could see it hanging horizontally over our new bed.

As beautiful as the wood carving is, I was worried that it wouldn't look good since it is a deviation from my style(plus the line was incredibly long), so I just kept on going. I did show the husband a picture of it online, and he thought it looked okay.  (Pretty much anytime he knows something is wood, he gets excited. He would be very content living in a wood-paneled room.)  However, I was still on the fence, so when I was at Target later that day, I picked up three of these little mirrors.

I love the shape and thought it would look nice over our bed; however, the husband wasn't on board since they aren't made out of real wood.  So, back to World Market I went. This time I wandered around even more and found lots of potential Christmas gifts to give to my mother-in-law whose loves earth tones.  Like this beautiful carved soapstone box.

Or this trio of vases
And these candles
I was also in love with the upholstered chairs, but I'm not in the market for one.  I think I'll be visiting World Market again very soon in the future. In the meantime, I'm trying to figure out how to convince the husband to hang the new mirror up!

5 comments:

Mariel said...

Love those 3 mirrors! Very chic!

Elle Sees said...

i love world market. and homegoods!

agalandherdog said...

Our World Market closed and it makes me so sad! Love your finds!

Beth Dunn said...

Never been but love the candles!
xoox
SC

Jess said...

Love your finds. I might have to make a trip over there sometime today. Hope you are having a good labor day.