Apartment Living: Covering up Eyesores and Other Updates

I really love our apartment. It's safe, has a dishwasher, washer and dryer, plus a pretty convenient location.  However, it does have some dated features.  Exhibit A, the telephone outlet in our kitchen.  We've been here a year, and this is what we've been looking at. 
 
 It juts out from the wall, so the idea of covering it up wasn't as easy as it sounds.  Plus, we randomly decided to hang a little kitchen blessing from the in-laws right next to it.  However, when I couldn't find a place to hang the monogram, I turned to the kitchen.  For some odd reason, the husband decided that it was okay, so here is the outlet covered up!
The frame isn't as flush with the wall as I would like, but it sure makes me a lot happier to see the monogram versus the phone outlet everyday.

I also picked up a little tray from The Container Store and put my new printout in it. It's crazy how happy a little paper and plastic makes me.  I'm still trying to find the best place for it.
Any little changes you make to cover up dated features or make your place more homey?  I'd love tips and ideas!  There is still a little telephone outlet uncovered in our bathroom that needs to be dealt with..


3 comments:

Adam said...

somebody put a telephone outlet in the bathroom? Man the 90's were a strange time.

P*P*P said...

I love your projects!!! Aren't some apartment things so annoying?! We have a few that I can't stand too...

ms. mindless said...

Fun! We have some old phone jacks in our house too that we need to get rid of.