Chickpea Crab Cakes

Image via
About this time last year, a friend gave me the The Meat Lover's Meatless Cookbook, because I'm a vegetarian and my husband lives off of chicken wings.  I've tried a few recipes and have always been pleased.  For Labor Day I wanted to make something "summery", so I made the Chickpea "Crab Cakes". The recipe was a bit more involved than what I'm used to (it involves soaking the chickpeas for 8 hours and then pulverizing them, which is a pain).  I was pretty dubious if my efforts would amount to anything in the process, but they were really delicious! I truly didn't know that chickpeas could be transformed into something so scrumptious and  I'm looking forward to cooking them up throughout the week. Have you ever made any ingredient combinations before that really pleasantly surprised you?  I'm a cooking novice, so I guess I'm easily amused.

3 comments: