Fall Wedding Advice?

So, in a very fortunate turn of events, the husband and I are actually able to go to a friends' wedding on Sunday at 5:00pm.  The problem is that I have no clue what would be most appropriate and I really need some opinions!  I was thinking of one of these two dresses.  First up, a black sheath with beading.  I love this dress, but do you all think it would be too dressy? The beading at the top really dresses it up, even though it's hard to tell from the picture.
My second option is this navy blue ikat dress with a navy cardigan, but I don't feel quite as comfortable in this dress. 
Any opinions about which one would fit in best? The last time I was in a fall wedding, I was a bridesmaid, so that was easy enough! 

7 comments:

miss b said...

The first dress is lovely (useful to have in the wardrobe!) and I'm sure something you would wear again - I certainly would!
http://missbbobochic.blogspot.co.uk/

Mariel said...

There's no such thing as being too dressy at a 5:00 wedding! The black one will be perfect!

Adam said...

the first one is better

Alexa said...

I like the first one best!

P*P*P said...

I think the black is the best option. It's always better to be a little over-dressed than under AND I don't even think it looks TOO overly dressy. Classically pretty in black is always my go-to! :)

Elle Sees said...

I say go for the black 1. p s I noticed that you don't follow my blog. I'm trying to reach 1000 followers for my birthday next month. I don't want to be that annoying blogger that shouts follow me follow me, but I know that you read my blog for awhile, so maybe you'd like to? I promise I won't mention it again :)

ms. mindless said...

Which one did you end up wearing? Both were probably lovely on you.