Weekend Recap!

Happy Monday, dear readers!  I hope that you had a lovely weekend.  The husband and I had a pretty relaxing one.  We went to an impromptu date night at District Commons.  They have a pretzel baguette, which is always a good way to start off an evening.  I actually thought that the dinner was pretty reasonable, considering that we were in the city and the pleasant atmosphere.  The next time we have visitors, this is definitely on the list!
We thought that the husband's mom and grandmother were going to visit on Sunday afternoon, so I spent a fair amount of Saturday making sure our apartment was in good shape.  They ended up not coming, but I was still able to enjoy these roses from Trader Joes.
 The pending visit also motivated us to try to fix a few things. Remember that phone outlet in the bathroom?  Well the husband looked at it and it turns out it was connected to nothing!  So we took the recepticle down revealing a gaping hole...
I picked up this little frame at Target and stuck an old greeting card in it that I had lying around.  The husband thought it was good enough to hang up; although, I guess anything is better than what was there before. I'm thinking of getting another two other frames and hanging them all in a row so there isn't just a random print there.
We also spent some time trying to get the husband an Iphone 5 but were unsuccessful, since he didn't pre-order.  Oops! How was your weekend? 

3 comments:

MCW said...

So the outlet was decoration? That is amusing...

agalandherdog said...

What a great way to hide the outlet!

P*P*P said...

Sounds like a great weekend! The roses are beautiful and that restaurant sounds fab....we never ate there when we were in DC..not sure how we missed it! Have a great week! :)