Pecan Pie for my Dad

Today my Dad is up in the DC area for a conference, so I get to see him this evening.  In his honor, I attempted making my very first pecan pie, which is his favorite. I used this recipe, which was easy enough.  I'm not sure how tasty it is, but it sure looks promising!  I'm looking forward to trying it tonight. Even the husband thought it looked good.
Anybody else try any baking lately? With Thanksgiving coming up, I'm trying to make sure that I have some delicious and easy dishes to bring.

8 comments:

Oh Sunnie Day said...

That's so sweet of you!! I've been baking lots of Halloween cookies and trying to not eat them all :)

xx

jen

dinagideon said...

I love making pecan pie, and yours looks perfect. :) My hubby's family is Mississippi and Louisiana based, and they tell me that a good pecan pie is a great way to a man's heart, so I know your dad will be pleased!

On a much more frivolous note, I love the turquoise bubble necklace with the rich purple, very pretty color combo!

P*P*P said...

That looks delish!!!

agalandherdog said...

That looks great and you look adorable!

Elle Sees said...

I need to get back into the baking game--soooo busy!

Dee {Strings and Buttons} said...

Awwww such a lucky dad. That look sooo delish! Wish I could excel at baking. Still getting there I'm afraid! x P.S. Love that necklace :)

ms. mindless said...

Love your necklace and dress colors!

April of A. Liz Adventures said...

That is my faaavorite pie EVER! Looks delicious. How sweet of you!