Weekend Recap: Cupcakes and Skating

The husband had a bit of work to do this weekend, so I spent a decent amount of time getting ready for Christmas.  I did a lot of wrapping and our Christmas cards are in the mail!  On Sunday evening we decided to check out the new ice skating rink in Georgetown.  I really like the idea of ice skating, but the only other time I was just scared of falling and it wasn't that much fun. I'm happy to say, that this time, I actually skated and it was a lot of fun. 

With that success, we decided to stop by Georgetown Cupcakes, and there was no line! True, it was cold and rainy, but I still consider it a mini-miracle.

 Since we've been in DC, I've only had them once (my bday), so I was really excited.  They also had all of their Christmas flavors out, so we were able to try some!  Life doesn't get much better than that.  Anybody else getting ready for the holidays?

6 comments:

MCW said...

Ice skating in GT sounds so fun! I will have to go this year! Also, I have never tried GT cupcakes. That is on my list too!

Adam said...

cute cupcakes

agalandherdog said...

Fun! Those cupcakes are adorable!

Worthington said...

What a perfect little day spent in Georgetown! I like the sound of what y'all did. And the Christmas lights with the snowflakes are SO cute. I love them. I am not a big cupcake fan, but I have heard their stuff is amazing!

Alexa said...

Oh I love these cupcakes!

Mariel said...

So cute! What an awesome day!