A Birthday Gift: Pride and Prejudice

Today is one of my good friend's birthdays!  She lives three hours away from me, so I sent her some chocolate covered strawberries.  I came to the realization this past year that it's really fun to get something on your actual birthday, so I'm going to try to be better about that this year.  I just have a few close friends, so this won't break the bank.

When I see her, I also plan on giving her Mr. Boddington's copy of Pride and Prejudice.  When we were in undergrad, she watched the whole mini-series, so I think she'll really appreciate owning this edition.  I also am giving her some lotion and soap from the spa in Colonial Williamsburg and some fancy looking chocolate bars.  Three of my friends have birthdays in January, so it's hard not to get burned out so closely after Christmas.  What's your favorite gift to give friends?

7 comments:

Emily Marie {Isnt That Charming} said...

Aw - what a nice present. I love Pride and Prejudice - and that book cover is adorable.
Isn’t That Charming.

Kirsten Krason said...

Beautiful gift! Lucky friend.

April of A. Liz Adventures said...

Fun ideas! Since I make jewelry, I sometimes make a fun pair of earrings. Every gal likes jewelry! :)

Adam said...

what a nice gift

Elle Sees said...

aw, that's so sweet! what a great friend you are

Crissy @ House of Marlowe said...

You can never get enough of "Pride & Prejudice" in my book... what a charming gift!

Jess said...

That's such a fun copy of Pride & Prejudice! I love finding things as gifts that are cute but that you typically don't buy yourself because of the cost (like a new book or journal)