Weekend Recap/Recent Ikea Purchases

I went to Ikea during the holiday break, and the weekend allowed us time to get a few of those purchases integrated into the apartment. The husband hung up curtains that I had bought, and it's exciting that our apartment finally has curtains! It took us awhile because our window has blinds and the husband just doesn't really like curtains that much.  It's hard to tell, but I think it adds a little bit to the space.


I also like that they are super neutral.  Yay for Ikea!
I picked up a few 2 dollar frames and  hung up a few pictures in a little nook by our balcony door.

While at Ikea, I couldn't resist this little lantern.  I had thought about spray painting some lanterns this color at the end of last summer, but I am not going to bother if Ikea has already done the work for me.  I can't wait until it's warm enough to sit outside.
It was really nice to have the time at home.  The husband billed almost 60 hours last week despite the fact that it was a holiday, and it looks like his workload is going to stay pretty intense for awhile, so I am content whenever we have some time together. How was your weekend?

7 comments:

Dina Gideon said...

Oh, floor to ceiling curtains add so much height and drama to a room. All of our rooms have that, and it really does make a huge difference. My favorites are my IKEA plastic sheer panels in our sunroom. They let in just the right amount of light, but have a bit of privacy, too. And of course they were super inexpensive.

Enjoy any time you can get with your hubby!!! :)

agalandherdog said...

So jealous that you are close to an Ikea! Love your purchases!

ms. mindless said...

Hooray for curtains. I remember you having trouble with that oddly shaped window. What you chose works perfectly!

Mary Lee said...

ah love these items from ikea, i always get so excited when i go there and i always get the meatballs haha

hope you'll visit back!
www.marylee31.blogspot.com

P*P*P said...

Love it!!! Funny, I also had a little project this weekend with our window treatment in our bedroom! Love the way your curtains look!

Worthington said...

My weekend was pretty busy compared to how it was over the holidays. We went to Short Pump on Saturday evening and had dinner at Maggianos. Then on Sunday we visited my Grandmother who is at Augusta Health in Fishersville. She comes home today so that is great!

I definitely love the curtains!

erin said...

Love the curtains! I bought the same lanterns last time I was at Ikea. I love the color!!