Weekend Recap: A Visit to the Capitol!

After the past two weekends that have been filled with traveling or work, I was really happy to have a low key weekend with the husband.  On Saturday we went and visited the capitol and the Folger Shakespeare Library, which are two places I hadn't visited to since we moved up here.  It was definitely exciting to explore another area of the city. I'm not exactly sure why we didn't do it sooner.
On Sunday afternoon, the husband suggested we ride bikes from Capital Bikeshare from Arlington down to the capitol, and it was fun to see all of the flowers.  

It was a bit chilly and rainy, but the husband loves bikes, so I tried not to complain too much. Although it's stupid, riding a bike kind of terrifies me. But, I can't resist my sweet husband.

How was your weekend?


6 comments:

MCW said...

I'm not a big biker either! But, at least you got a workout in :)

Adam said...

I've always wanted to visit DC

Dina Gideon said...

So cute! I love that you got over your fear to do something nice for your husband. :)

My hubby doesn't even know how to ride a bike, so you can at least say you can ride a bike!

I loved working in the Capitol, really a very special place. Did you go in, or just bike around on the outside? Either way, very nice way to enjoy the city!

agalandherdog said...

So jealous! I'm terrified of riding bikes, too!

Alexa said...

Oh fun! Love DC!

Worthington said...

This weekend M and I went to a beautiful wedding of my cousin Leah here in the metro VA area. It was such a beautiful day! The flowers do look like they were beautiful this weekend. M and I should be up there in just a couple of months for the big soccer match!

XO