Belated Birthday Recap!

So, with the flurry of birthdays, I never really got around to recapping all of the excitement. My whole family came up for Memorial Day (yay!), and I cooked some simple meals. On Saturday, I made salmon, asparagus, augratin potatoes, shrimp, and the husband picked up birthday cupcakes.  I was able to use our wedding china, and everything turned out well.  Sunday's lunch was much more casual, with corn on the cob, baked beans, and bbq picked up from a local place. I made blueberry no bake cheesecake for dessert, and it just happened to be national blueberry cheesecake day (who knew that was an actual day?! My sister read it in Self, and let me know that I was in the know!)
Cupcakes from Georgetown Cupcake!
 When the husband's dad came into town on Sunday night, we took him out to dinner at Founding Farmer's, which really took the pressure off of me.
Here we are waiting for our table.
We also went to a Nationals and Orioles game to celebrate the husband's birthday.
The husband grew up as an O's fan, hence the ridiculous hat.
On his actual birthday, he had his little cake, and I hung up banners and tried to make things festive. We always buy a Pepperidge farm cake for him, which I think is great.  It's small, tasty, and not too pricey.
So that's how we celebrated his birthday!  Do you have any family birthday traditions?

5 comments:

Mariel C. said...

Love Founding Farmer's! And those cupcakes look so yummy

Alexa said...

Yay for birthdays! Looks like you all had a blast! :)

Worthington said...

Founding Farmer's is so amazing! We really enjoy that place.

And... GO O's! Glad y'all are cheering for the right team. heehee

Our big family tradition is that my Mom bakes her caramel cake. It is a 3 layer yellow cake with caramel icing. She does it for everyone who asks for it - cousins, siblings, grandparents, children. Well, now that I have celiac disease we need to find another cake for me (at least, this year, until she is comfortable with a new yellow cake mix that tastes right) so I asked for a chocolate torte! We shall see how it is. :)

Elle Sees said...

Aw! No traditions but I still treat my birthdays like it's a big deal, like I'm still a kid. I know....lol

Emily {Isnt That Charming} said...

Sounds like a perfect day!
Isn’t That Charming.