On Procrastinating and Home Decorating

I have to admit that I love reading shelter magazines and home decorating blogs, but if you walked into our apartment, you wouldn't be able to tell.  Of course, I tell myself it's because I'm limited by the husband and the budget, but really, trying to create our space just doesn't come naturally to me and half the time, I don't have a vision.  Also, I'm extremely lazy.   Case in point, a few months ago, I bought this bedspread.
I realized that the comforter didn't really match well with the vases that we had, but the husband didn't like them anyways, so they had to go. I picked up these little pink votives when my sister was visiting, but the wall was still looking pretty barren. I've been talking about printing off pictures of cherry blossoms for months, and I finally did it yesterday.  I saw these three frames at Home Goods for 8 dollars each, and I decided that I needed to just take the plunge and get this project going. Now that the pictures are hung up, I think that it's a little bit more balanced. I know all my books look junky, but they are my books, and I have no plans on getting rid of them anytime soon. (I already have gone through them quite a bit).

.
Anybody else ever slow to do little projects around the house?  I still have a table on our balcony that needs painting...who knows if it will get finished before the summer is over or not. If it took me this long to get a few pictures hung up, I'm guessing not!


2 comments:

Dina Gideon said...

Oh, you are so funny. Your house looks darling and the space is perfect in my eye...but then I live in a state of chaos most days, where the underfoot lego pieces are constantly threatening to hurt the sole of my foot. ;)

My sewing projects are kind of like your projects, I have the big plans, but unless I know I can devote the energy needed to do them (for me, I need at least three uninterrupted hours--which means waiting till Mr. Dina gets home), I won't even start them. And unfortunately because I am often really tired by the time Mr. Dina gets home (thanks little guys for running me ragged during the day), most days the sewing is on the disabled list.

MCW said...

I don't think the books look junky at all! I love books everywhere :)