Sprucing up the balcony!

With the summer weather, the husband and I have been enjoying our balcony.  When we moved almost two years ago, we bought an actual couch and loveseat, which meant we had a futon with no place to go.  The husband had the crazy idea to move it to the balcony.  I thought it was an insane idea at the time, but I have to admit that we really love sitting out there and looking at the city on nice evenings.  However, the futon is a little sad looking (it's been through a lot)!  When my mom came to visit, she offered to sew up some pillows, so one trip to fabric.com, and I had some material sent to her house.  They arrived over the weekend, and I cannot believe how happy they make me.  They are definitely better than the drab, faded ones from before.
I have some other ideas to make it more of an entertaining center, because in our little apartment every little inch of space counts. I'm hoping to paint a little table that we have (although I'm still trying to figure out what color) and add this tray, cups, and pitcher from Jonathan Adler's Happy Chic line at JCP.

We also could use a new little outdoor rug, and it would help if I could keep flowers alive for more than a week or two.  Are any of you doing outdoor projects now that summer is here?

5 comments:

Adam said...

not many outdoor projects, unless you count trying to control this jungle of a backyard. I'm pretty sure I had a fence somewhere, still haven't found it with the hedgeclippers.

Everyday Adventures said...

I love the pink and navy pillows super cute! Navy is a great accent decorating color! Happy summer decorating!!:)

Style Servings said...

What a great print!

Michelle {lovely little things} said...

Love the pillows!

The Pink Putter said...

Love the pillows and Jonathan Adler stuff!

I'm sprucing up my front porch...new cushions on the rocking chairs and adding some flowers. I'm also looking for a little table to put out there.