Getting Ready for the Fourth!

So, the night before I left for Florida, I managed to spray paint this little table.  I'd been talking to the husband about doing it for literally months (umm, maybe even a year), but it took me that long to work up the courage to get it painted. I think I was only brave enough to do it because he was away on a business trip and there was no one to talk me out of it.  I'd never spray painted anything before, and I was terrified of how it would turn out, but I think the table is much improved.  It was a five dollar yard sale hand-me-down from the husband's dad, and was in pretty rough shape.  I striped down the top,  and I think it looks like it belongs now.

While in Florida, I also found these little lanterns and rug at Ikea with my parents, and I absolutely love both purchases. You can't see from the picture, but the lanterns have little stars on them. So now, here is the view of our balcony from our bedroom.
I wish I had a before picture, but just trust me that the painting of the table and the new pillows have really perked the space up.  After the winter, our little balcony had really just become a place for castoffs (that's how the other pillows, table and futon got out there in the first place!).  I think we are ready to sit outside and enjoy the fireworks on the Fourth of July!

No comments: