Signing up for a 10k

I'm definitely the person that everyone is lapping in this quote, but last week the husband, my sister, and I signed up for a 10k.  Now, I know that for a normal person, this is not something that requires training, but for me, I needed to start getting ready.  I've been trying this whole year to get better at exercising regularly, but it still hasn't been sticking as well as I'd like.  However, now that we've signed up for a 10k, I feel that I have a sense of purpose and I want to go run.  I push myself much harder than I've ever done previously.  Who knew that just signing up for a race could be so motivating? Of course, I still have a long way to go, but I'm amazed at how much my attitude has changed. 

1 comment:

MCW said...

I need to get my ass in gear! I am supposed to be training for a half since I am doing a tough mudder in Oct, today I made it like 2.5 miles. Better than nothing, but not where I need to be! Good luck with your training!