Summer Baseball

By now, I think it's pretty apparent that one thing that the husband and I love about living in the D.C. area are the Nationals games.  It really is such a fun activity for us and we've gone quite a bit since we've moved up here.  However, our tickets are always in the "nose bleed" section and never really break the bank.  Well, the husband called me in the middle of the day last week and wanted to know if I'd like to go to a baseball game as part of one of his firm's activities.  I couldn't say yes fast enough.  Once we got to our seats, I was excited because we were really close to the field.  This was our view. It certainly looks a lot different!
Apparently, our seats were part of the "President's Club", which meant a very nice complimentary buffet, drinks, and an amazing dessert selection which included mini key lime pies and ice cream.   The desserts were very impressive, and I'm kicking myself that I didn't take a picture of the display.  I was seriously like a kid in a candy store.  The Nats ended up losing, but it was still a great experience (probably because of my sugar high...or the wine).  Certainly different from our usual nights at the game! Afterwards, we could see and hear through glass the post-game interview with the manager.

 Unfortunately, the mood wasn't very jovial because of the loss, but it was still quite the night for me!

3 comments:

MCW said...

What fun! I need to make it to a Nats game before the season ends. Hopefully in the fall when it cools down a bit.

Adam said...

I've only been to one MLB game and it got rained on :(

Elle Sees said...

i went to a braves game this past weekend! and we beat the cardinals. it was sold out with over 60k ppl!