Weekend Recap: Belle and Sebastian Concert

This week is certainly flying by!  The husband and I went to go see Belle and Sebastian on Friday night after work, and it was fun to go out to a concert.  The husband is a bigger fan than I am, but I still had a great time.  We've had a lot of rain lately, and I was relieved to find out a few hours before the concert that our tickets were standing near the stage under a roof. 
Here's me at the beginning of the concert, super relieved that I wouldn't be spending the evening in the pouring rain.
On Saturday, I spent the morning frantically cleaning before the husband's dad and godfather came over to visit.  (Anybody else ever go into a cleaning frenzy before the in-laws arrive?)  We went to the Building Museum, and had lunch at Taylor Gourmet, which I thought was pretty good. To be honest, I was just glad that I didn't have to cook! We spent the rest of the day visiting and just relaxing.  All in all, I think it was a great visit, even though we didn't do anything spectacular.  I hope your week is going well!

3 comments:

MCW said...

Yayee for a weekend of concerts! How was the building museum? Good for kids?

Dina Gideon said...

Concerts where you are protected from the elements are the only way to go in DC, huh? LOL. I won't bother with Jiffy Lube Live unless we are under the roof there since the sheer effort of getting there makes it necessary to at least enjoy ourselves once there. ;)

You look so cute, love you in magenta with the blue bubble necklace.

How are you holding up in the heat? Amazingly our choice to head south led us to cooler weather. It is only in the high 80s here.

The Preppy Student said...

what an amazing weekend! love your outfit and the pretty fuschia! Have a happy Monday and be sure to check out my newest dress!