What's Cooking Wednesday: Ina Garten's Easy Tzatziki

In January, I stated that this year, I wanted to be the year that I cooked more and finally settled on an exercise program.  Well, it's almost August, and both goals are still very much a work in progress.  However, I'm determined that there are still a few months to salvage all this, and I thought I'd start a new little series on Wednesday about things that I've cooked.  Some may be successes and others failures, but I think this little series might help me put in some more effort. 

Let's start with what I made on Sunday night, Ina Garten's Tzatziki. This recipe had been tempting me when I received one of Ina's cookbooks, but I hadn't made it until now, because I knew it was something that the husband wouldn't like.  However, knowing that the husband would be on a business trip the first part of this week, I decided to go ahead and give this recipe a try.  I'm so glad I did because it's really delicious and pretty easy even for a novice cook like me!   Now, I realize that this doesn't constitute a meal, but it is a really tasty appetizer, and the next time I have to bring something or host a meal, I'm definitely going to make this. It packs a lot of flavor and you can make it ahead of time, which is always really important to me!

4 comments:

Adam said...

nice dish

Real College Student of Atlanta said...

this looks so good! great recipe to know!

birdie to be said...

Yum! I love Tzatziki!

Alexa said...

Oh yum! This looks so good...a great dish for summer too!