Combating the Clutter

Via
I'm always on the perpetual hunt to eliminate clutter from our apartment, but my sister has quite kindly pointed out a few years ago that I love to get rid of everyone's clutter except my own.  And  that's exactly how I am.  While dusting my books and inspired from reading this post over the weekend, I realized that there were several books that I didn't need because they've been downloaded to my Kindle or, if I'm being honest, have no real reason for me to keep.  They aren't bad books; it's just they aren't books I'd choose to read again.  Even though I'd gone through my books twice in the past year, I was surprised at how many I'd been inadvertently hoarding.  I have a good friend who I know would enjoy reading a few of them, and I also know that my mom might enjoy some, so they will find a good home soon. 
I also tackled some of my winter clothes.  I have a hard time getting rid of some clothes because sometimes it's difficult for me to recognize that the clothing has seen better days.  And then there are a few other things that don't fit me exactly right that I'm holding out hope for.  While I didn't go crazy culling through my clothes, I was able to find a few things that really needed to be passed on.  I was also to re-discover a few of my clothes that I really love but haven't worn in a while. How do you keep clutter from piling up?  I think it's amazing how much extra space you can gain just by going through a few things.

3 comments:

April of A. Liz Adventures said...

Leslie, this is something I can completely relate with. I'm a huge magazine hoarder, truth! I finally started getting over this once I found a co-worker who loves getting magazines passed down to her. And another coworker loves when I bring in old clothes and shoes to work. Lastly, I get such a thrill when I'm able to sell some of the clothes at a consignment store! Throwing things away is hard for me but I find it easy if I can sell the item or give it a new owner.

Anonymous said...

interesting post!
we hope to see more style of yours :)

http://www.nerissasboutique.com/

Real College Student of Atlanta said...

I love decluttering space!