What's Cooking Wednesday: A Tale of Two Chicken Recipes

Via
For some reason, I'd never really tried cooking chicken for the husband until I started this series.  While he eats his fair share of chicken wings, I'm definitely excited that I'm finding recipes that don't come out of a bag from Tysons.

Flipping through my Ina Garten Foolproof cookbook that I received from Christmas, I decided to make her crispy mustard chicken. From what I could tell, it looked like the recipe turned out, but the husband was not a fan. I've finally figured out that he prefers chicken that has more of an emphasis on sauce, which is why Giada de Laurentiis's sweet and spicy chicken was such a success. So, with that said, I won't be making the mustard chicken again. Although, from what I can see online, it looks like lots of people like this recipe, so you might want to give it a try. (The husband is the first to admit that he's pretty picky, which is why cooking for him is a bit challenging for me).

After that debacle, I really needed a chicken recipe to work to boost my self-esteem a little bit, so I tried Puttin' on the G.R.I.T.S' teriyaki chickenWhile the husband didn't like it as much as the sweet and spicy chicken wings, he did enjoy them and said it's something he would be happy eating again.  I thought this recipe was super easy, and definitely be something you could pop in the oven after work (although it does take an hour and fifteen minutes to cook).  So there you have it, one success and one failure.  The upside is that I'm slowly getting a few more recipes to add to my recipe box, which makes me irrationally happy. Do you have any go to chicken recipes?   I'd love to try them!

1 comment:

amy b.s. said...

it's so fun experimenting with recipies. whenever we try something new, we're always trying to figure out what would have made it better and what could we do different. fun!