What's Cooking Wednesday: Salmon and Roasted Asparagus

Via
About six months after the husband and I got married, I had summer break as a teacher, and I decided that I should try cooking.  As much as I don't have a clue about cooking now, I was even more lost then.  We tried to brainstorm things that he liked to eat, and he announced that he really enjoyed his Dad's salmon recipe.  Well, little did I know, how amazing this little recipe is.  To start with, it's incredibly easy and only takes a few minutes to cook.  Not to mention, the husband LOVES it.  Every time I make this for him, he acts like I've given him the moon (instead of just stirring a few different types of mustard and brown sugar together) and I feel like I'm really cooking. 

Salmon Glaze
1/3 cup of brown sugar
2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
1 ½ tablespoons of hot Chinese mustard
1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard

Stir all ingredients together (with whisk). Line a pan with non-stick aluminum foil and take a piece of skinless salmon portions and put a bit of glaze on the salmon. Broil for 3-4 minutes on each side of the salmon.

Now, to make this a proper meal, one thing that I did learn how to make this year is roasted asparagus, which the husband also loves.  Ina Garten's roasted asparagus is  super easy, but again, when I make this, I get rave reviews from the husband and you'd think I'd spent hours in the kitchen.  So even though it took me awhile to discover this meal, this is the perfect spring time meal to make after work or on a lazy weekend.




2 comments:

Regine Karpel said...

Yum!
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Worthington said...

Anything salmon and anything asparagus is good to me!

Thank you for sharing the recipe.

:)