Five for Friday: Christmas Preparations!

This week has been kind of difficult for me, so I'm definitely glad to be welcoming the weekend and Christmas break!  Here are a few things that I've enjoyed preparing for the festivities.

1. A wreath! I'd wanted one for awhile, and on Wednesday night, I finally took the plunge at Target.  The husband made my week when he sent me an email to tell me he thought it looked nice (he'd been up since past 2:00am in the morning doing work, so the fact that he took the time to tell me the next morning in his sleep-deprived state made my heart so happy). This isn't the best picture, but I'm just happy it's hanging on our door.

2. Cookies for the co-workers- As you know, I made jam for the people I work with in my department, but for others who I routinely work with, I made up 12 little packs of cookies.  I cheated and did some slice and bake, because there are seriously only so many hours in the day.


3. The Crate and Barrel Christmas sale- Crate and Barrel has lots of Christmas stuff marked down, so I picked up these tea towels for my mom. I also bought a few little ornaments, but I can't share those because my sister and husband sometimes look at my blog.
Via
4. I really like these little hand towels that I picked up last year on massive clearance from Target (I think they both cost less than a dollar total).  They make our kitchen look so cheerful.
5. One of my co-workers gave me these sweet little plates, and I can't wait to use them.  All of the thoughtful treats really make me feel really thankful that I get to work with such kind people.
I hope that you all have a lovely weekend!

5 comments:

MCW said...

Those little plates are so cute!!! And now I want cookies :)

I need a wreath for my back door and I keep going back and forth between getting a real or fake one!

Mariel C. said...

Your wreath is so cute! I love that ribbon. Happy Friday and happy holidays!

April of A. Liz Adventures said...

Those gnome plates, oh my goodness they are ADORABLE and so fun!

Emily {Isnt That Charming} said...

What fun and festive little gifts! I love the plates your coworker gave to you.
Isn’t That Charming.

Sill Family Adventures said...

I love the gnome plate and Crate and Barrel dish towels. What great gifts!!