Five for Friday!

I have to admit that I'm just thankful to have made it through this week and I'm looking forward to the weekend. Even though this week hasn't been as productive as I would have liked, here are my five for Friday! 

1. Sprucing up the apartment - Yesterday, I picked up some more fabric to make throw pillows with.  I was really excited because I had purchased some fabric in August, but just recently decided that we needed a few more patterns.  I was excited that they still had fabric that went nicely with our original pattern.
2. C. Wonder's sale -I could just see this monogrammed pillow in our house (but I don't think the husband would like it one bit, so I refrained).
Via

3. Clearing out some clutter -   I managed to get rid of quite a bit of junk underneath my side of the bed.  I have to admit that I hoard magazines, so on Sunday I sat down and went through them.  While I got rid of a lot of them, I kept a few.  I saw pictures of this and this apartment, and just couldn't get over how beautiful they are.

4. In the spirit of eliminating clutter, I sold two of my textbooks on Amazon from the graduate class I took last semester.  I posted the books on Sunday, and I was pleased that both of them have been sold and shipped by Friday!  The husband helped me with the process, but I couldn't believe how easy it was.

5.. Fresh flowers - I finally picked up a new orchid.  I know that I go through these every few months, but I still enjoy having a living plant in the apartment. Plus, the one's from Trader Joe's was only 10 dollars, so I feel that it's not a horrible investment.
What are your weekend plans? The husband is stuck in Chicago for work until late Saturday night, so I'm actually going to drive down to visit my parents for a day.  I think it will be fun to get out of the city and I'm hoping that my mom might give me a sewing lesson or two (so I can make those new throw pillows)!

No comments: