Five for Friday

Happy Friday, everyone!  I've been lacking in inspiration, but here are my five for Friday!

1. I've mostly kept up with my exercise program for the month of January (as long as I go tonight or Saturday!).  Not that it was terribly ambitious, but still it's progress.  The system that really helps me is having a copy of the calendar on the fridge and then I give myself a little check mark after I've gone. 
2. I finished reading The Age of Innocence this week.  I used to be a big reader, but now I've gotten really lazy and I just check out Pinterest, and blogs at night (that is if I'm not rotting my brain by watching TV).  Thanks to my handy Kindle, I am able to read in bed just as lazily as I'd do anything else, so I decided to actually start reading again.
Via
3. Skiing!  The husband loves to ski, so we are going to try to go on Saturday.  I've only been skiing once as an adult and it was awful.  I was terrified of the ski lift, and I literally only made it down the hill once.  However, I think I need to just be brave and I'm going to try really, really hard.  So let's hope it's not going to be like the Bridget Jone's version of skiing.  (Because it was seriously like that last time minus the pregnancy scare or the cute outfit).
Via
4. My MIL's birthday is on Sunday, so we were able to get a package sent to her this week.  I know it's not a huge accomplishment, but sometimes even simple things seem hard for me, and I was relieved to get this sent off on time!
We're giving her some jewelry, The Butler, candles, pj pants, some wine and a little chocolate!
Isn't this little bottle of wine cute?  I got it at World Market and thought it was adorable.
5. And related to gifts, I pulled together this gift for my friend who was turning 30 on Monday.  I was inspired by this post that I found on Pinterest, and used that as inspiration. I collected different gifts that were supposed to be activities that you do when you are a kid, and the idea is that the basket is supposed to make you feel young at heart.  So I picked jewelry for "play dress up", bath salts and bubbles for "take a bubble bath", a make up case, nail polish and Sephora gift card for "give yourself a makeover", a VS giftcard for "have a slumber party" and the last gift is a bottle of wine that says"when all else fails, have a drink!" It wasn't as creative as I would have liked, but I tried. The husband also helped me pick up some Georgetown Cupcakes, so all in all, I think it was festive.
Here are the gifts with the labels

And here is everything all packed up!
What are you looking forward to this weekend?  Whatever your plans, I hope you all have a lovely little break!

5 comments:

Jess said...

Girl, good for you for sending that gift off. I always miss fun birthdays because little life things get in the way. Love that riseling too. It's one of my favorites.

Savannah Cummings said...

That is such a cute gift idea!

Yasmeen TMA said...

I love number 5! Such a cute & thoughtful idea. I'm definitely using that for a friend :) thanks for sharing!

Yasmeen x
http://themirroraffects.blogspot.co.uk

IamSuperMelski said...

Ooooh I bet your MIL will love the presents you guys sent here! That wine package is adorable!!!! Good luck with your skiing trip and have fun!

Elle Sees said...

such a sweet gift--well, all of them!
i gotta say i love having kindle on my phone. makes it so convenient.