Five for Friday!

It has been great to have a short week, and I think the fact that summer is here is definitely making me happy.  First up are these peonies from my mom's garden.  She sent them home with me last weekend, and all week they have been bringing me such joy.
I also picked up a basil plant from Trader Joe's, and I'm so excited about it.  I love having tomatoes, basil and mozzarella for lunch in the summer time. I've been buying the little packets of fresh basil in the store, but I think this will be way better (and maybe even cheaper!).
We also bought our first watermelon this week, and it is absolutely delicious.  I always forget about how good it is, and then when I start eating it again, I think that it really doesn't get much better than this.
Via
On the less healthy side, I jogged down to Georgetown Cupcake on Wednesday to pick up birthday cupcakes for a co-worker, and I also got a cupcake for myself.  Some people think a cupcake is just a cupcake, but this peanut butter fudge flavor is amazing.
Via
Just as sweetly, the husband saw the address book from Minted that I've been dreaming of and bought it for me.  It arrived on Thursday, and I'm so excited!  We both agreed that the quality is great, and I can't wait to start putting addresses in it. It was definitely a kind and thoughtful surprise.
Via
This weekend should be low-key, and I'm very thankful for that !  I'm hoping to pack for our upcoming mini vacation to Florida, and I'm getting my hair cut. As of now, I think those are the only plans on the books, and that sounds perfect to me!  What are you looking forward to this weekend?


2 comments:

MCW said...

I had my first watermelon this week. So yummy! And caprese salad is my favorite summer lunch and dinner and sometimes breakfast :)

Elle Sees said...

i went to TJ tonight! The flowers were all picked over. boo!