Weekend Recap: Birthday Celebrations!

Since the husband's birthday was on Thursday, we celebrated with some cake and a concert to see this band downtown. The husband really loves these Pepperidge Farm cakes, and I seriously went to three stores, so I could buy the right cake. He's worth it though.
Even though we've been in the area for almost three years, we have never made it to Camden Yards, so this year, we decided to go for his birthday.  I made him an Oriole themed basket, and I thought it turned out well.  Usually, the husband just gets beef jerky, so the fact that there was an Orioles shirt thrown into the mix is a step up.
Saturday was a great day for the game.  The Os ended up losing, but it was still really fun to see the park.
On Sunday, I drove down to the Richmond area because it was my mom's birthday!  Miracles of miracles, I didn't hit any traffic, and  on my way down, I saw the Rolling Thunder riding in, which was quite a sight.  My brother and sister-in-law came over to my parents' house, and we all had a really nice time celebrating my mom.  I didn't know if I was going to be able to make it down there, but I'm so glad that I did.
Monday was really low-key and relaxing, which is just what we like. The highlight was a trip to Trader Joe's and sitting by the pool.  We also at dinner on our balcony, which was fun.  It feels like summer has really started!  How was your weekend?


3 comments:

Dina Gideon said...

Yay for the wacky bird. He is one of my favorite mascots. Once upon a time it was actually fairly easy to drive up to B'more for a night game, but this was back in the 90s before the crazy traffic came in and destroyed all our souls. LOL.

Same with Richmond, traffic, UGH. But yay for no traffic on your trip down. What a blessing. Clearly you were meant to spend more time with your mom this weekend.

That cake looks good. The extra trips were worth it, huh? :) You are a great wife!

P*P*P said...

What a fun weekend!! Looks like lots of celebrations were had. I might have to go with my husband to an O's game -- he'd love that!

MCW said...

LOL! Love that he usually gets "beef jerky!" Hope he still got some to much on at the game :) Isn't Camden Yards beautiful?