Fourth of July Recap!

The Fourth of July celebrations started early when I picked up my sister and her boyfriend at the airport.  We decided to spend the afternoon in Georgetown, and we really enjoyed our time.  I picked up this dress in a nice blue color and this skirt, as well as a notepad an lip balm at Anthropologie.  It was a lot of fun, and I just enjoyed spending the time together.  Then we met the husband at District Commons for dinner, which worked out well.
On Friday, my family arrived as well as my husband's dad. My FIL and husband worked on preparing the lobster rolls, and I set up everything else.  I think the lunch and dinner worked out well, and I'm glad I kept things easy.
I thought the snack table turned out well, although we definitely had a lot of food. I may have over-compensated a bit.
Most of all I enjoyed spending time with my family.
There was a hot game of "American" Monopoly.
The evening we enjoyed the fireworks; it was a great show!  On Saturday, everyone came over for brunch before my parents, brother and sister-in-law went back home. My sister was able to stay through the weekend, and we enjoyed lots of shopping at TJ Maxx, Home Goods, and Tysons Corner.  I had always been afraid to drive to Tysons, but it turned out that it is just a mall and nothing to be scared of!  We actually didn't end up buying very much, but it was such a treat to shop with my sister.  Now it's back to the work week!  How was your Fourth?


2 comments:

Elle Sees said...

it was low-key since charlie was recooping from surgery. the weather was great!

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

Looks like lots of fun! I love the star shaped watermelon!