Goals for August!

The husband has been abroad for over a week now, and he's scheduled to be away for a few more weeks.  Even though I miss him, it's not as bad as I thought it would be because we can still talk on the phone, which really helps.  I'm trying to use the time while he is gone as productively as I can, and not wish it away. I thought I'd share a few of my goals to keep me accountable.
1. Start training for a 10k.  My sister and I are hoping to run the same one at the end of September, and I need to get ready!  I'm trying to run every day after work for at least 30 minutes, and I think that will help a lot.
2. Clean and organize the apartment- This started and began with the two desk drawers last week, so I'm hoping I can do better.  To be honest, I'm kind of at a loss to how we can maximize our space. The simple answer may be that we have too many things, so some de-cluttering may be needed. 
3. Finish some Shutterfly albums of our Maine and Fourth of July.  I finally got around to making one for the husband's grandma as a thank you for our Maine trip, but I still need to make a few more. (I know this is a silly goal, but they are important to me.)
4.  Organize the games and prizes for my friend's baby shower.  This is coming along, thanks to some help from my mom, but I still need to do a few other things.

I'd like to think that I'm getting a little bit done. Even if that means, that I just got took a short walk on Monday to get these hydrangeas at Trader Joes.  Do you have any goals for August? 

1 comment:

Elle Sees said...

i can't believe it's august--i haven't even thought about it other than blog posts!