Planning for a Friend's Baby Shower

As I mentioned awhile ago, one of my friend's is expecting a baby in September.  For her shower, I'm helping with the games and prizes.  It's going to be co-ed and could be a pretty large group (over 60 people are being invited!).  I'm really excited to participate, but I'm a little overwhelmed by the fact that it is co-ed and is so large.  The theme is travel, so I found this really fun printable. 
Via
I'm also planning on doing advice cards, which I've already started designing, and surprisingly, it isn't taking too much time.  Finally, I'm planning on having everyone write a message on a diaper and then doing a raffle. I am planning on keeping the games to a minimum, so it doesn't take too much time, because with a lot of people just opening gifts will take awhile!  To keep everyone interested, I'm expecting to just give out a few prizes for each activity. 

For the gifts, I'm thinking of doing a travel theme with travel mugs, travel pillows, travel soaps and candles.  Then, I was browsing Kate Spade's new arrivals, and I saw these adorable luggage tags.
Via
Since it is a co-ed shower, I feel like I might be throwing my money away, though.  But aren't they cute? Since I'm doing a decent amount of prizes and we splurged on her shower gift, I'm trying to figure out how to keep the costs reasonable.  Does anyone have any ideas?  I've only been to one baby shower, so I'm definitely open to any thoughts you might have!

3 comments:

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

This will be so cute..coed showers are much more fun in my opinion than female only showers!

As far as favors go, I wouldn't go too overboard...nobody really cares about that stuff if they've had a fun time!

Emily {Isnt That Charming} said...

What cute finds!
Isn’t That Charming.

Elle Sees said...

i've never been to a "good" baby shower. they're usually so cheesy, but this one is shaping up well so far!