Monday, August 18, 2014

Baby Shower Preparations!

As you might be able to tell, I was excited about my friend's baby shower.  It's a huge step that she and her husband are taking, but the truth is, I just love this sort of thing.

Since my friend is doing a travel theme for the nursery complete with a hot air balloon mobile, I tried to incorporate that into the games.  The first game I made was just a sign with little advice cards for everyone to write a little note.
The advice cards were just little note cards, but the size seemed to work well.
We also did a matching game for the name for the word baby in different languages. I was so thankful for this free printable!
I finally got around to doing bingo, and made up little boards.  Making all the different boards was a bit time consuming, but it kept everyone engaged during the gift opening part.

For the prizes I was originally going to give stuff from Bath and Body Works, but then I decided to do more of a travel theme to fit with the shower. My mom very kindly sewed 12 travel pillows for me.  Didn't they turn out well?
I made little tags for them, which I thought was fun.
I wanted to be sure I had plenty of prizes, so I went to the Dollar Tree and picked up ten of these water bottles in different colors.  I thought they fit with the travel theme and are fun for summer.
Because I was relatively economical with the prizes, the husband and I splurged on her gift and got her the Sofie teether and a high chair. I was way more excited about the teether than the high chair, but I really wanted to get them something they will use everyday.  I also picked up a bib with the logo from the undergraduate school we all went to, because I thought that would be fun.  I know it's silly, but the little things make me so happy.  Here is everything all wrapped up.  As you can imagine, it was quite a project getting everything in my little car!
So that's it for baby showers from me for awhile! Have you been to any lately? 

4 comments:

Elle Sees said...

it looks so good! great job!

Alexandra Bee Blog said...

Good work! I remember when you first started planning the shower--looks like it all came together fabulously!

Mrs. W said...

You went all out! Everything looks beautiful, great job!!

MCW said...

The travel pillow is awesome! I really needed one on a recent work trip to CA.