Monday, August 25, 2014

Weekend Recap: An Afternoon at Dumbarton Oaks

I hope everyone had a nice weekend.  It certainly seemed to go by quickly. We enjoyed a quiet weekend, which was exactly what we needed.  On Sunday afternoon, we did decide to venture to Georgetown and stopped by Chipotle for lunch.
We also walked to Dumbarton Oaks to see the gardens.  It's really amazing to me that such a large estate is in the middle of D.C.

 We enjoyed walking though the gardens and seeing all the flowers.  Well, to be honest, I liked it more than the husband.  While I was looking at the roses, he was trying to track down a rabbit.
If the weather is nice, and you like walking through gardens, I'd definitely recommend it.  The afternoon felt a bit like something from Downton Abbey.  Who knew that such an estate still exists in DC!

3 comments:

Elle Sees said...

i love that he was trying to track down a rabbit! hehe

Mrs. W said...

Beautiful! Sounds like a lovely weekend. I can't wait for Downton to come back!

Mrs. W said...

Beautiful! Sounds like a lovely weekend. I can't wait for Downton to come back!