Five for Friday!

I'm so happy to do a five for Friday post.  For some reason, it just makes me feel like I'm in a routine!

First up, I'm very excited that my sister is coming to visit this weekend.  It's going to be a short visit (she's flying up Friday night and leaving Sunday morning), but I'm determined that we are going to enjoy every minute of it. We are planning on running a 5k together, and I have high hopes that we are going to go to District Taco for dinner.  It's not fancy, but I think it's delicious!

Second, I bought this print from Emily Ley, and I'm so excited to frame it and hang it up somewhere. It says "Happiness is the result of favorable circumstances, joy is the outpouring of a contented heart."  It is too cheesy for the husband, but it makes me happy.
Via
Third, on Sunday afternoon I'm also looking forward to bringing food to my friend who just had a baby.  She loves all things fall and butternut squash soup is her favorite, so I plan on packaging up a special autumn themed meal.  I picked up this pumpkin seed brittle from Trader Joe's last weekend, and I think that it will be a fun little snack to add to her basket.  I won't be making everything from scratch (or most things!), but I think that the thought is what counts. I'm also hoping that I can finally meet her baby boy!
Fourth, I've been loving the cooler weather.  I bought a sweater in this camel color a few weeks ago from the Loft and love it.  I also think this Old Navy one is pretty cute.
Via
Finally, I never did a recap of last weekend, but it was a busy one for me!  My parents and my mom's friend came up on Saturday and we visited the Capitol, the Library of Congress and the National Archives.  They came back to the apartment for lunch and then they were off to Arlington National Cemetery and I was off to an evening work event.  It was great to see my parents, even if it wasn't a long visit. 

So those are my five for Friday!  What are you looking forward to this weekend?



1 comment:

Elle Sees said...

i am already looking forward to next friday and it's only monday morning! ;)