Weekend Recap!

This weekend was relatively busy, but refreshing. My sister and her boyfriend arrived on Friday night, and we visited and had a late dinner of pizza.  We were up early on Saturday for a 5k, and then we headed to Tyson's Corner to do a little shopping and have an early lunch at Seasons 52. We stopped by Trader Joe's for some dinner and snack treats, and then we went back to our apartment to regroup. It was a beautiful day, so we decided to visit the zoo.  Our first stop was the pandas.  They were up to their usual activities: sleeping and eating.

I seriously think the pandas are so funny.
We then walked by the elephants and through the bird exhibit.  The highlights included the oriole and the peacock.
We had hoped to see the tigers and lions, but it was later in the day, so we missed them.  My sister was willing to patiently pose by a bear with me, and I also convinced the husband to stand my the metal frog. 
My sister and her boyfriend had an early flight out, so we had a relaxed Sunday night, but it was just really nice to spend time with her. 

On Sunday, I drove down to visit my friend and bring her a little meal.  I was able to see her beautiful baby boy and we had a really nice visit.  All in all, it was a lovely weekend!




1 comment:

Nancy {at} powellbrower at home said...

Fun! I was just at Tyson's this week at Coastal Flats. I haven't been to Season 52- good? I am way past due to go to the zoo. I used to go all the time when my kids were small, but haven't been in 10 years.. looks like I need to go! xo Nancy