What's Cooking Wednesday: Grilled Salmon with Honey Soy Marinade

Via
While we were in Maine, I picked a night to cook dinner for the husband and his grandma.  Since I'm not the best cook in the world, I was definitely feeling the pressure!   Originally, I was going to make this salmon recipe, but I could not find the Chinese mustard anywhere.  That definitely threw me for a loop, so I decided that I needed to find a recipe that was similar, but didn't require any fancy ingredients.  After some searching I found this one, which I'm happy to report, turned out well.  I actually like it better than the other one I make all the time, but the husband still insists that the first one is better.  Either way, I'm glad to have this recipe on hand, in case I can't find Chinese mustard!

It's pretty easy, which is exactly what I need.  I marinated the salmon fillets in the following mixture for about 20 minutes:

1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1 tablespoon olive 
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
Then you just broil the salmon for about four minutes on each side and enjoy!  Have you tried any good fish recipes?  I think that they are ideal for cooking on weekdays.

1 comment:

P*P*P said...

Looks delicious! I'm always afraid to make fish at home because it's something that my mom didn't really make when I was growing up. Maybe I need to get over my fear and try this out!