What's Cooking Wednesday: Roasted Teriyaki Broccoli and Sticky Seasame Wings

Via
Over the weekend, I looked through my blog, and I noticed that the Wednesday cooking posts really help me stay on track with trying new dishes, so this fall, I'm going to give try to post these regularly.

With the extra time this weekend, I decided to try a roasted teriyaki broccoli and some sticky seasame wings for the husband.  I have to say that I thought the broccoli turned out really well.  In the past, I've always cooked it by steaming it, but roasting really seems the way to go.  I was inspired by this recipe, but I made it a little more unhealthy.

Roasted Teriyaki Broccoli
I took a bag of pre-washed broccoli, mixed it with two tablespoons of minced garlic, and coated it with olive oil and teriyaki sauce.  I then sprinkled it with some black pepper and cooked it at 425 for about 20 minutes. It really doesn't get any easier than that, but it was definitely tasty!

Sticky Seasame Wings
For the sticky seasame wings, I used this recipe but I doubled the sauce and I added extra honey (this was my second time making it). The husband enjoyed both dishes, and I was happy that I made at least one somewhat balanced meal.  The great thing about both of these dishes is the ingredients are pretty simple, and besides the broccoli, chicken, hoisin sauce and seasame seeds, I didn't have to buy anything extra. 

Have you been cooking anything good lately?  I know it sounds silly, but just finding a recipe to make is really the most difficult thing for me, so I'm always interested to know what other people love to cook!

5 comments:

Mrs. W said...

Yum! Those wings look great. No good cooking to share here. I have lots of plans but rarely follow through. It can be so hard cooking for just 2.

Kirby Todd said...

This sounds so good! Will definitely be making this.

B @ The Sequin Notebook said...

Thanks for the ideas! I'm constantly searching for new recipes on Pinterest since I'm just not creative enough to come up with my own.

Elle Sees said...

yummy! i've been baking, but that's about it.

Melissa Blake said...

Yummy!!! Everything looks delicious!